Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This is me...

Hello!

I am Holly. I am 37 years old and married with two daughters. I teach English to Grades 6-12. I am originally from the UK and taught there before starting my international adventure, where I have been teaching in Qatar and then Malaysia. I am currently in a new start-up school in Singapore.

I am qualified in Google Apps for Education, currently training for certification as a Project Based Learning teacher and Flat Classroom Project teacher; I plan to start my masters in educational technology next year. I like learning :)

I am interested in the difference between the way I was taught and the way kids learn now. I am interested in exploring what a 21st century classroom is and have just launched a PBL project asking that very question with my Grade 7 and Grade 8 classes, who are undertaking it as a flat classroom style project across the grade levels. This project is authentic; I was asked to write and deliver it by senior management who have promised they will implement the best design!

I decided to take this course to learn more and to be able to support my classes. I love collaborating with other schools - my Grade 7s are currently Quadblogging with schools from Singapore, USA, UK and Australia - and I like collaborating with other teachers. I hope we can all learn from each other.

Here are some links to some of my stuff if you are interested :)

My Blog
My Site
@MrsHollyEnglish
World of Learning Site
PBL Project Site

No comments:

Post a Comment